Rutland Cycling has supplied the bikes for two illuminated pedal-powered Christmas trees sited outside the Royal Festival Hall in London.
Over a kilometre of strung LED tree lights are powered solely by five pairs of pedals per tree. If people stop pedalling, the lights go out.
The display, which is freely open to the public, is part of the Southbank Centre’s Winter Festival which runs until January 7. It was built by Electric Pedal and Vivid Design and includes two children’s BMX bikes and two hand-bikes for those unable to pedal.
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Falling masonry causes part of High Street, Stamford, to be taped off
- Whitefriars Care Home in Stamford charged over death of widow, 84
- Arrest after robbery at Uppingham newsagent
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 7 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: South west