Residents have been celebrating the return of Sir William Russell, the first Baron Russell of Thornhaugh on a new village sign.
Last seen in the village in 1613, he now stands at the junction of Meadow Lane and Russell Hill.
The village commissioned a traditional carved oak village sign, which is now in the middle of the village to commemorate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee in 2012.
The sign was designed, carved and painted by Glyn Mould at his workshop at Sacrewell Farm.
This representation of William Russell on the new village sign was taken from a painting of him attributed to Marcus Gheeraerts which hangs in Woburn Abbey.
The sign was unveiled by William Rogers, chairman of Thornhaugh Parish Council and villagers celebrated with a tea party courtesy of Brian and Penny Lewin-Watts.
The event also raised £160 for Cancer Research UK.