A card and gift shop opened in Stamford on Saturday.
Paper Kisses opened in High Street in the unit formerly occupied by health food shop Julian Graves, which closed last summer after the chain called in the administrators.
The branch of Paper Kisses is the chain’s 65th store in the country. There are two part-time members of staff employed there, as well as manager Jacky Gough.
Mrs Gough was the manager at Clinton Cards in High Street, Stamford, and had worked there for 12 years before it closed in June last year, after the company went into administration.
Mrs Gough said: “We have been getting a very warm welcome since we opened. Everyone has been coming in and saying how nice it is to see a shop open rather than close.
“It is much nicer than having an empty unit.”
Paper Kisses, which also has a branch in Crown Walk, Oakham, stocks a range of cards and gifts.
The Clinton Cards store in North Street, Bourne, stayed open after it was bought.
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
- Arrest after robbery at Uppingham newsagent
- Whitefriars Care Home in Stamford charged over death of widow, 84
- Falling masonry causes part of High Street, Stamford, to be taped off
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North west