Lark Energy, a leading solar development and construction company based in Market Deeping, has secured planning permission for the UK’s largest solar farm at the site of a former World War II airfield in Leicestershire.
The £35 million project 32MWp solar project at Wymeswold Airfield will consist of around 125,000 panels positioned on land between the old runways, amounting to 150 acres.
Lark Energy has worked closely with the landowners, Charnwood Borough Council, the local parish councils and the local community in developing its plans and received planning permission on November 8.
- Stamford takeaway Zorba 4 loses appeal over alcohol licence
- Slideshow: Hundreds enjoy Dambusters flypast
- Car crashes into tree on A47 near Tixover
- Washing machines set on fire off Little Casterton Road, Stamford
- Full court report: Drink-driver John Clarke, 79, jailed for causing crash which killed two people
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North east