Thomas Cook has revealed the Stamford branch is not on a list of proposed closures and the Oakham Midlands Co-operative store is also safe.
Thomas Cook announced plans to close 195 stores yesterday (Wednesday) and said 2,500 jobs were at risk, including jobs at its head offices.
In August, Thomas Cook merged with Co-op Travel and Midlands Co-op Travel.
Anglia Co-op also confirmed today that its travel shops in Bourne and Market Deeping would not close.
Anglia Co-operative group specialist retail manager Paul Dale said: “The announcement of potential closures and job losses with Thomas Cook Group travel branches does not affect in any way those trading as Co-operative Travel and owned by Anglia Co-operative.
“Wednesday’s news was very unfortunate but we want to assure all of our customers that it’s business as usual for us and their holidays are in safe hands.”
The Anglia Co-operative travel branches are in Abbey Road, Bourne, and the Precinct in Market Deeping.
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
- Arrest after robbery at Uppingham newsagent
- Whitefriars Care Home in Stamford charged over death of widow, 84
- Falling masonry causes part of High Street, Stamford, to be taped off
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North west