A FIRE which destroyed a storage unit at Cottesmore Amateurs Football Club was started by arsonists.
Fire crews were called to the club in Main Street, Cottesmore, at 11.45pm. The wooden cabin, which is used to store lawnmowers and kit, was destroyed.
The damage has been estimated at more than £100,000.
Chairman Alan Westray said: “This is a total disaster.
“The effect on the club will be catastrophic. I have no idea how we will carry on when we have no money to replace the mowers, goal posts or kit.”
The generator for the club’s flood lights was also destroyed in the fire.
The blaze was started deliberately.