Chef puts out kitchen fire at restaurant

0
Have your say

A CHEF put out a fire in a restaurant kitchen which had been sparked by an electrical fault.

Firefighters from Stamford and Market Deeping were called to Uncle Sam’s in Castle Street, Stamford, at about 8.40pm last night.

The restaurant’s chef had put out the fire which had been sparked by a electrical fault with an extractor fan.

Fire damaged the extractor fan motor and there was also smoke damage to the first floor flat and contents.

No-one was injured in the fire.