The number of people arrested for driving under the influence of drink o drugs over the Christmas has fallen.
One hundred people were arrested on suspicion of drink/drug driving during a police campaign on Lincolnshire roads.
Police made the arrests during December after carrying out 3,095 roadside tests.
Of those arrested, 23 were involved in collisions, 71 were stopped at the roadside and six failed field impairment tests.
The numbers have fallen since last year, when 143 people were arrested from 4,394 tests. And in 2010 139 people were arrested following 4,408 tests.
Figures on the number of people charged have not yet been released.
Lincolnshire Road Safety Partnership spokesman John Siddle said: “We are pleased that there has been a reduction in those arrested for drink/drug related vehicle offences.
“However, the reduction is small and we recognise that there are still a small minority of drivers who continue to put themselves and others at risk.
“We will always robustly enforce our drink/drug drive policy and will always place those individuals who break the law before the Courts.
“We continue to ask the public to contact us if the know, or suspect someone to be drink or drug driving.”
In Rutland only two drink drive arrests were made in December.
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
- Woman trapped hand in drain cover searching for marble
- Video: Teacher Patsy shaves her head for charity
- Georgian festival will celebrate Stamford’s rich heritage
- Stamford takeaway Zorba 4 loses appeal over alcohol licence
- Duo thanked by the council for cleaning up
- Police Column: Burglars steal £5,000 and other items in raid
- Claire Lomas trains for challenge at Rutland Water
- Interest is high as Stamford’s Riverside Antiques Centre exhibits Princess Margaret Collection
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North west