The Mercury carries details of cases heard at magistrates courts. The details are taken from the court registers once cases are completed.
We are not including minor speeding offences.
Grantham Magistrates Court, February 13
Francis Caberry, 46, of Rosemary Gardens, Bourne, admitted behaving in a manner whereby a breach of the peace was likely. He was bound over in the sum of £110 for six months to keep the peace and ordered to keep the peace and in particular to refrain from acts of aggression towards police officers.
Christian Bryan, 41, of North Street, Stamford, was found guilty in his absence of failing to provide information relating to the identification of a driver who was alleged to have been guilty of an offence. He was fined £600 and ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £60 and costs of £85. He was also given six penalty points on his driving licence.
Loughborough Magistrates Court, February 11
Dale Withers, 32, of Recreation Ground Road, Stamford, admitted making off without paying for fuel worth £15 at Sycamores Garage in Ayston Road, Uppingham on August 4, 2012 and making off for paying for fuel worth £10 from the same garage on August 27, 2012. He was ordered to carry out 100 hours of unpaid work and must pay £25 in compensation, a £60 victim surcharge and £30 costs.
William Sharpe, 26, of Glen Road, Castle Bytham, admitted obstructing or resisting a police constable at an address in Cottesmore on November 11, 2012. He was ordered to carry out 100 hours of unpaid work and must pay a victim surcharge of £60 and £85 costs. He was also tagged and given a curfew ordering him to stay at his home address between 7pm and 7am for 17 weeks.
Loughborough Magistrates Court, February 8
Colin Smith, 49, of Wenton Close, Cottesmore, was found guilty of assault by beating on April 12, 2012. He was fined £250 and must pay a victim surcharge of £15 and costs of £310.
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
- Woman trapped hand in drain cover searching for marble
- Video: Teacher Patsy shaves her head for charity
- Georgian festival will celebrate Stamford’s rich heritage
- Stamford takeaway Zorba 4 loses appeal over alcohol licence
- Duo thanked by the council for cleaning up
- Police Column: Burglars steal £5,000 and other items in raid
- Claire Lomas trains for challenge at Rutland Water
- Interest is high as Stamford’s Riverside Antiques Centre exhibits Princess Margaret Collection
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North west