Police will be visiting allotments to give gardeners advice on preventing thefts.
Officers from the Stamford policing team want to make sure allotment owners are aware of what they can do to deter thieves as spring approaches.
They will visit allotments in Priory Road from 2pm on Sunday and at the same time on March 24; Uffington Road at 10am on Wednesday next week and on March 27; and Waterfurlong and Queens Road 2pm on March 3 and 10am on March 20.
PC Debbie Bowen said: “Stamford neighbourhood policing team are keen to ensure that potential thieves are deterred and that local residents are aware of preventative measures that could be implemented to reduce the chances of being a victim of crime.”
- Police break up illegal rave at Bourne Wood
- Video: Car goes up in flames after crash with bus in Easton-on-the-Hill
- Tributes for rail death teenagers
- Tattoo artist fined after Facebook photos revealed illegal business based in her garage in Deeping St James
- Man flown to hospital following serious crash on A15 at Bourne
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 13 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 11 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: West