Sleaford police are warning shoplifters in town of a zero tolerance approach this festive season.
Sleaford beat team manager Pc Keith McLardy says anyone found committing such an offence will be dealt with through the justice system - fixed penalties and the courts - and banned from the shops of Sleaford.
He said: “We will have plain-clothes police patrols around all the major shops and high streets, while any individuals known to us through the Shopwatch scheme will be actively stopped and searched. We are working closely with local shops and supermarkets and CCTV operators.”
Officers will also be adopting a no-nonsense approach through the Pubwatch and CCTV system for the night-time economy. They warn revellers and publicans they will not tolerate any public houses with under-age drinkers or drunk and disorderly behaviour inside or outside pubs.
Pc McLardy added: “Most pubs are well aware of that and work with us. Any that do not will be dealt with through the licensing authorities.”
Plain-clothes officers will be patrolling throughout December in and out of pubs.
Likewise the neighbourhood policing team will be among officers carrying out random breathe tests in the area for drink-drivers.
* The policing team is appealing for any information on a break-in at a shed on Toft Lane, Sleaford, overnight December 4-5, where tools and two bicycles were stolen.
The Oasis Dental Practice on Carre Street, Sleaford, was also broken into overnight December 5-6. A window was smashed on Northgate, Sleaford, while two cars parked in Westgate car park, were also broken into.
- Stamford takeaway Zorba 4 loses appeal over alcohol licence
- Slideshow: Hundreds enjoy Dambusters flypast
- Car crashes into tree on A47 near Tixover
- Washing machines set on fire off Little Casterton Road, Stamford
- Full court report: Drink-driver John Clarke, 79, jailed for causing crash which killed two people
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 11 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North