Most children will be starting school at their first choice in September despite an increase in the number of requests for popular schools.
Parents were able to check which school their children had got into on Lincolnshire County Council’s online system on Tuesday.
And of the 7,325 applications, 6,762 children or 92.3 per cent, have secured a place at their first preference school.
Just 4.9 per cent, or 361 pupils received their second preference and 70, or one per cent, will be given their third preference offers.
A total of 132 children will be offered a local school that isn’t one of their preferences compared to 169 last year.
Director of children’s services at Lincolnshire County Council Debbie Barnes said: “I am delighted to see so many children getting their first school of preference and this should be even better by September.
“It is always our intention to support as many parents as possible with their preferences.
“There are many stories about how stressful the admissions process can be but every year the overwhelming majority of parents are successful in gaining admission to the school of their choice.”
She said Lincolnshire had experienced high numbers of families wanting their children to start school in September.
There were 7,325 children wanting a school place this year.
Parents have until May 17 to lodge an appeal if they are unhappy with the place they were offered.
A new school is being planned to open in Elsea Park in Bourne in September 2014 to help cope with rising demand for primary school places in the town.