A school was left overwhelmed after receiving a donation of £1,000.
Langham Primary School was kindly given the cheque from the Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes on Tuesday.
Staff and pupils alike were delighted with the funds, which will be put towards the construction of a new garden area in the school grounds, in Burley Road, Langham.
Members of the buffaloes chose the school as their cause of the year.
Headteacher Janet Lord was delighted with the group’s generosity.
She said: “When the group presented us with the money, I was just overcome with emotion.
“I had no idea they had collected so much for us. I was thrilled and delighted.
“The money will be put towards rockery, benches and paths in our new quiet reflection garden.
“We are all so grateful.”
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Arrest after robbery at Uppingham newsagent
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
- Whitefriars Care Home in Stamford charged over death of widow, 84
- Falling masonry causes part of High Street, Stamford, to be taped off
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west