Pupils have passed their Duke of Edinburgh Award following an expedition.
The pupils from Stamford Queen Eleanor School set off on the expedition as part of the school’s first silver group. They walked from the school to an overnight camp at Tallington Lakes. The bronze group arrived the following day for a two-day adventure.
Over the weekend all groups travelled, navigated, cooked and camped well. Seventeen pupils passed the expedition at bronze level and four passed at silver level.
The school thanked Deepings Camping and Caravan Park for hosting the final night’s camp and Patrick Hallam from Bourne Academy, who helped.
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
- Woman trapped hand in drain cover searching for marble
- Video: Teacher Patsy shaves her head for charity
- Georgian festival will celebrate Stamford’s rich heritage
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 25 mph
Wind direction: North