A new project that aims to bring people together and support community vegetable growing in Oakham has launched
More than 30 people attended the opening of Transition Rutland’s scheme Incredible Edible at Rutland County Museum last week.
The event included a talk from Incredible Edible Todmorden founder Pam Warhurst, along with a screening of Growing Change, an inspiring film about a food growing revolution in Venezuela.
The project is now looking for volunteers who can donate their seeds and time to help plant and maintain the new vegetable patch at Rutland Plastics, Cold Overton Road, Oakham. For more information and to volunteer, call 01572 723419.
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
- Woman trapped hand in drain cover searching for marble
- Video: Teacher Patsy shaves her head for charity
- Georgian festival will celebrate Stamford’s rich heritage
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 28 mph
Wind direction: North