Work has begun a scheme to improve river conditions for fish and eels.
The Environment Agency is installing fish and eel passes at three points along the River Welland.
The gates, which help the fish pass over weirs and other structures designed to manage water levels and reduce flood risk, will be built in Tallington, Foster’s Bridge and Ashley Gauging Station and are expected to be finished by the summer.
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
- Woman trapped hand in drain cover searching for marble
- Video: Teacher Patsy shaves her head for charity
- Georgian festival will celebrate Stamford’s rich heritage
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North west