Residents in Sleaford area are being asked for their views on wind farms.
The county council wants to call a halt to the unrestrained spread of wind turbines across Lincolnshire with plans for wind farms currently ongoing at Brandon and at Heckington Fen locally.
Earlier this year, the authority took a tougher stance on the issue, a position it would now like to make official policy. With that in mind, the council is asking people across the county to complete a questionnaire on this important issue.
Coun Martin Hill, Leader of Lincolnshire County Council, said: “Although supportive of alternative energy, we do question the efficiency of turbines and their impact on the county’s residents, landscapes and tourism industry.
“In June our executive members agreed a set of guidelines we hoped would be taken into consideration by local planning authorities and developers when deciding where to locate new developments.
“To give these more weight, we now want to turn our stance into an official council policy. However, it’s only right that we should first ask residents their opinion.”
The easiest way to share your thoughts is by completing the online survey at www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/windfarms. Alternatively, people can call the customer service centre on 01522 782226.
Responses are needed no later than Monday January 21, 2013.
- Police issue appeal after man goes missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore
- Woman trapped hand in drain cover searching for marble
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
- Video: Teacher Patsy shaves her head for charity
- Georgian festival will celebrate Stamford’s rich heritage
- Stamford takeaway Zorba 4 loses appeal over alcohol licence
- Duo thanked by the council for cleaning up
- Police Column: Burglars steal £5,000 and other items in raid
- Claire Lomas trains for challenge at Rutland Water
- Interest is high as Stamford’s Riverside Antiques Centre exhibits Princess Margaret Collection
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: West