Fire advice after new figures 
released

0
Have your say

New figures released by Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue show that all the accidental house fire deaths in Lincolnshire in 2012 were caused by smoking materials.

Three people died because of fires started by smoking materials in 2012. One in 13 accidental fires in the home were caused by smoking materials.

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue’s top tips on how to avoid accidental house fires are: always use an ashtray, never smoke in bed, always empty ashtrays before going to bed, check around the house for ashtrays used by visitors or other members of the family, make sure the contents are fully extinguished, do not leave your matches or lighters around for children, do not smoke around flammable material and make sure all smoke detectors are working.