Fire at bungalow in Northorpe

Items damaged after a bungalow fire at Almond Court, Northorpe. Photo:  SG240513-115TW. www.spaldingtoday.co.uk/buyaphoto
Items damaged after a bungalow fire at Almond Court, Northorpe. Photo: SG240513-115TW. www.spaldingtoday.co.uk/buyaphoto
0
Have your say

Fire crews were called to a blaze at a bungalow in Northorpe, near Bourne on Thursday night at about 7.45pm.

The blaze happened at a South Kesteven District Council house in Almond Court, Northorpe, on Thursday at about 7.45pm.

The tenant, a 63-year-old woman, was unhurt in the fire but much of the bathroom was damaged.

A district council spokesman said: “There was extensive damage to the bathroom of the bungalow and the fire service’s view was that it was caused by a discarded cigarette and this was confirmed by the support unit on site.

“The tenant, who was unhurt, called our 24-hour control centre using her intercom unit but the neighbours were unaffected.”