Firefighters were called to a laundry in Oakham last night (Monday) after tea towels over-heated in a tumble dryer.
Two fire crews from Oakham were called to Rutland Laundry in Melton Road, Oakham at about 10pm by the occupant of the flat above who was outside by the time fire services arrived.
The fire was put out by about 10.30pm.
The towels were destroyed and there was moderate smoke damage to the rest of the property and some smoke damage to the skirting board of the flat above.
No-one was injured.
The laundry had a closed sign in the window this morning. (Tuesday)