A council is running health and well-being events at libraries.
Lincolnshire County Council is arranging a series of activities for the new year.
Libraries will also host the Reading Agency’s mood boosting books scheme, which recommends titles for those feeling stressed or depressed.
Executive member for cultural service, coun Eddy Poll, said: “These events aim to help people start the New Year with a healthier, happier outlook.
“The mood boosting coffee mornings are a great way to meet new people and discuss interesting books. The human libraries event, which involves people sharing their life experiences, is something that has been tried before and worked really well to promote a greater understanding of issues such as addiction, self-harm, race and mental health.”
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
- Woman trapped hand in drain cover searching for marble
- Video: Teacher Patsy shaves her head for charity
- Georgian festival will celebrate Stamford’s rich heritage
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North west