The NHS has come in for a lot of serious criticism over the past few days about care of patients in hospitals in some parts of the country.
I can only speak about the treatment my family have experienced in Stamford Hospital, Peterborough District Hospital and the new City Hospital over a period of more than 50 years.
My children and grandchildren were born in these hospitals and each one of us has had various injuries from broken bones, replacement parts and other ailments dealt with in an exemplary manner. The care received has always been, as expected, beyond reproach and there has never been an incident to merit a complaint.
For the record, this needs to be said.
Orchard Way, Easton-on-the-Hill
- Stamford takeaway Zorba 4 loses appeal over alcohol licence
- Slideshow: Hundreds enjoy Dambusters flypast
- Car crashes into tree on A47 near Tixover
- Washing machines set on fire off Little Casterton Road, Stamford
- Full court report: Drink-driver John Clarke, 79, jailed for causing crash which killed two people
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 9 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North east