Lightning strike causes fire at bungalow in Bourne

Lincs Fire and Rescue News.
Lincs Fire and Rescue News.
Have your say

A fire broke out at bungalow in Bourne after a TV aerial on its roof was struck by lightning.

Firefighters were called to the scene in Beech Avenue at about 3.35pm on Saturday.

The fire caused severe damage to a TV wall socket and the surrounding unit and carpet. There was also severe smoke damage to the lounge.

The occupant, a 93-year-old woman, was shaken following the blaze but not injured.