Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue warn of winter fire risks

0
Have your say

THE fire service has warned of the risk of fire in cold winter weather.

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue has pointed to the high potential that electric heaters, open fires and microwaveable bags have of starting fires.

Station manager responsible for community safety, Steve Wright, said: “It’s easy to take your eye off the ball when you’re relaxing at home, and a fire can start in seconds if precautions aren’t taken.

“Make sure that you don’t put anything too close to open fires or portable heaters; carefully check electrical cables, plugs and connections; and if you use an open fire or wood burning stove, ensure that you use suitable fuel and have the chimney swept.”

For a free home fire safety check call 01522 582222.