Hundreds of shoppers turned out for an annual clothes sale which raised more than £40,000 for the regional branch of a national charity.
Rutland Macmillan Cancer Support staged its annual Good As New Clothing Sale at Barnsdale Lodge Hotel this weekend and more than 800 eager shoppers attended the event.
Hundreds of designer garments including women’s, men’s and childrens item’s that had been donated by local businesses and Rutland residents were sold at the event.
A ticket-only preview night was held on Friday evening, with champagne and canapes provided by Hambleton Hall, and shoppers were determined to grab a bargain at a half-price sale on Saturday.
Rutland Macmillan Cancer Support committee member Debbie Johnson said: “It was a fantastic event and hugely supported. To raise £40,000 from sales of the clothes alone is a phenomenal amount.
“We’re incredibly grateful for all the support we get.”
The final total raised from the event is still being counted.
To buy the photos click here
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
- Woman trapped hand in drain cover searching for marble
- Video: Teacher Patsy shaves her head for charity
- Georgian festival will celebrate Stamford’s rich heritage
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 25 mph
Wind direction: North