A new games lending library has been launched by a school to improve pupils’ numeracy skills.
Bourne Abbey Primary Academy’s parent, teacher and friends association made a £1,000 donation to enable the games to be bought.
The lending library will operate every Monday afternoon after school when pupils will select a game which will be booked out to the accompanying parent.
Teacher Janet Crook said: “Children learn when they are having fun. They will really benefit from counting and other maths skills involved in the games.
“Playing the game with an adult will also benefit their social skills. Maths is all about giving children a love of numbers.”
- Stamford takeaway Zorba 4 loses appeal over alcohol licence
- Slideshow: Hundreds enjoy Dambusters flypast
- Car crashes into tree on A47 near Tixover
- Washing machines set on fire off Little Casterton Road, Stamford
- Full court report: Drink-driver John Clarke, 79, jailed for causing crash which killed two people
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 9 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North east