Bourne Choral Society delighted a very large and appreciative audience with a superb Christmas concert last Saturday.
Directed by Jenny Bean, the choir, along with soloists Jenny Thompson, Robert Edwards and John Riley performed extracts from the Messiah which ended with an inspiring Hallelujah Chorus. Christus Natus Est by Cecilia McDowall and other seasonal items were enjoyed in the second half of the programme.
Stephen Webb, Bourne Choral Society’s organist and Jacky Kirby gave tremendous support to the choir with their sensitive accompanying.
After the concert, audience member Helene Currell said: “A marvellous concert in Bourne Abbey on Saturday evening from Bourne Choral Society.
The excellent, sensitive musicianship of Stephen Webb and Jacky Kirby accompanying the choir and soloists respectively, the direction from the ever modest Jenny Bean combined to result in a vibrant, festive performance that was thoroughly enjoyed by an enthusiastic audience.
Jenny has a wonderful way of bringing out the best in the choir. All in all it was a truly special concert. A lovely contribution to Advent festivities.”
Bourne Choral Society continues to delight and entertain during the festive season. Last Monday they performed, to the residents of Browning Court in Bourne, Christmas music and readings and next Monday will be singing carols to the diners at The George Hotel in Stamford to raise money for charity.
It will then be a well earned rest before Bourne Choral Society’s next performance which will be Stainer’s Crucifixion on Saturday, March 16, in Bourne Abbey Church.
- Police issue appeal after man goes missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
- Woman trapped hand in drain cover searching for marble
- Video: Teacher Patsy shaves her head for charity
- Georgian festival will celebrate Stamford’s rich heritage
- Stamford takeaway Zorba 4 loses appeal over alcohol licence
- Duo thanked by the council for cleaning up
- Police Column: Burglars steal £5,000 and other items in raid
- Claire Lomas trains for challenge at Rutland Water
- Interest is high as Stamford’s Riverside Antiques Centre exhibits Princess Margaret Collection
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Monday 20 May 2013
Temperature: 11 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 8 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North