Two speakers will be giving presentations at an open meeting of the Hereward Probus Club on Thursday.
Brian Jones will give an illustrated talk on The Story of the Norman Cross Prisoner of War Camp.
This was a camp for French and Dutch soldiers and sailors that was built at Norman Cross during the Napoleonic War.
Probus member Tony Stubbs will also give an insight into Thirty Years of Foreign Travel through anecdotes and the sights and scenes of travel countries including Libya, Katmandu and Egypt.
Admission is £2 on the door, including refreshments.
The meeting will be at Bourne Abbey Church Hall on 10am.
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
- Woman trapped hand in drain cover searching for marble
- Video: Teacher Patsy shaves her head for charity
- Georgian festival will celebrate Stamford’s rich heritage
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North west