A church was filled with 50 Christmas trees for a festival that raised £2,400 for a clean water charity.
Oakham Congregational Church hosted the Rutland Christmas Tree Festival on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
Businesses, charities and schools decorated trees and visitors voted for their favourite entries.
Trees were then sold at the end of the festival, raising a total of £2,400 for WaterAid.
The adult category was won by the Oakham Knit and Natter Club, while Brooke Priory School Year 1 pupils won the children’s section.
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
- Arrest after robbery at Uppingham newsagent
- Whitefriars Care Home in Stamford charged over death of widow, 84
- Falling masonry causes part of High Street, Stamford, to be taped off
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North west