A cow has died after a car crashed into it on the A47 near Morcott.
The collision happened at about 7.50pm yesterday (Thursday).
When fire and rescue and police arrived at the scene, the cow was dead and the car was left on its roof. The driver of the car was not in the vehicle.
A 54-year-old man was later found at his home and arrested by police but released without further action.
The call was made by a member of the public.
The road was closed for about four hours.
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Falling masonry causes part of High Street, Stamford, to be taped off
- Arrest after robbery at Uppingham newsagent
- Whitefriars Care Home in Stamford charged over death of widow, 84
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west