Crowds gathered at hunts which took place in the area over the festive season.
More than 300 people gathered in the village to watch the Fitzwilliam Hunt take place on New Year’s Day in Wansford .
The hunt, which met outside the Haycock Hotel at midday, dates back more than 250 years.
The Fitzwilliam Hunt also held a meeting in Wansford on Boxing Day, which also resulted in large crowds.
Organisers said the New Year’s Day hunt was one of the biggest turnouts they had ever had, proving the popularity of hunting in the UK was still strong, despite the 2004 Hunting Act, which made hunting with dogs illegal.
The Cottesmore Hunt also attracted crowds when it met in Oakham on Boxing Day and in Uppingham on New Year’s Day.
Rutland Macmillan Cancer Support held a collection at the hunt on Boxing Day and raised more than £1,100.
Organisers thanked all who gave towards the cause.
- Police break up illegal rave at Bourne Wood
- Video: Car goes up in flames after crash with bus in Easton-on-the-Hill
- Tributes for rail death teenagers
- Tattoo artist fined after Facebook photos revealed illegal business based in her garage in Deeping St James
- Man flown to hospital following serious crash on A15 at Bourne
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 13 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 11 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: West