DCSIMG

Fire destroys home in Bayleys Close, Empingham

House fire at Bayleys Close, Empingham EMN-140406-105453009

House fire at Bayleys Close, Empingham EMN-140406-105453009

A house was almost completely destroyed by a fire thought to have been started by a faulty electrical appliance.

The blaze began in a house in Bayleys Close, Empingham, at about 9.45pm last night (Tuesday).

Two fire crews were called and an aerial platform soon followed to help put out the flames.

Everyone who was in the house at the time managed to escape unhurt.

The fire was put out just after 11pm but crews remained on scene damping down and looking for hot spots. They also used plastic sheeting on the roof to help extinguish the flames.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page