A Georgian festival could be held in Stamford.
South Kesteven District Council is considering holding the event as it believes Stamford would be a magnificent backdrop.
Leader of the district council Linda Neal (Con) said discussions were at the early stages.
She added: “Stamford is the jewel in South Kesteven’s crown and it has always been part of our plans to support an event here and in all our market towns.
“It would be a great festival which would not only boost Stamford and the local economy but it also fits well into our strategy to raise the profile of our district generally to visitors and potential investors.”
The plans will be discussed at the council’s meeting on the budget on Friday.
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
- Arrest after robbery at Uppingham newsagent
- Whitefriars Care Home in Stamford charged over death of widow, 84
- Falling masonry causes part of High Street, Stamford, to be taped off
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North west