People are being encouraged to get back on their bikes this month with the help of a local community group.
Transition Rutland is running a series of Bike Doctor days to give people the chance to have their bicycles checked.
The free sessions are being run with bike shop Rutland Cycling, and are part of new initiative Rutland Skill Share, which aims to give people a chance to gain or share skills with others.
Transition Rutland chairman Nick Goodman, pictured above, said: “Our group wants to help residents feel safer and more confident on their bikes.”
The group will be outside Tesco in Oakham on Saturday, Oakham Farmers’ Market on Saturday, March 16, and Oakham station on Saturday, March 23.
All events run from 10am to 3pm.
- Stamford takeaway Zorba 4 loses appeal over alcohol licence
- Slideshow: Hundreds enjoy Dambusters flypast
- Car crashes into tree on A47 near Tixover
- Washing machines set on fire off Little Casterton Road, Stamford
- Full court report: Drink-driver John Clarke, 79, jailed for causing crash which killed two people
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North east