A super slimmer who lost more than 5st said ditching the weight and getting fit has completely changed her outlook on life.
When mother-of-two Heidi Bishop joined Oakham Weight Watchers in February last year, she weighed 17st 6lb.
But after sticking to a plan, eating healthy and taking up cycling, she is now 12st 2lb.
Describing her journey, Heidi, 40, who lives in Percy Road, Cottesmore, said: “I had children and noticed the weight slowly creep on. I had wanted to lose it for some time but I just had to be ready to do it for myself.
“I didn’t notice I was losing the weight at first but then my clothes began to get too big for me. It was such a good feeling and when I took them to the charity shop, I knew there was no going back.
“It’s the best thing I’ve ever done and it’s completely changed my outlook on life.”
Heidi revealed the secret to her weightloss is to never give up on your goal. She was given a plan by the group and hit her regular weight targets, losing five per cent of her body weight at a time.
Heidi added: “The important thing is to never give up. Even when times are tough, if you keep going you will succeed.
“I could not have done it without Weight Watchers and the class leader Rhonda Bolton. The support I’ve had from the group has been fantastic. And my friends and family have also been a massive help.”
Rhonda, who runs the Weight Watchers class, described Heidi as an inspiration to the whole group.
She said: “Heidi’s weightloss has made such a difference to her life and it really is pleasing to see. She’s been an inspiration to the rest of the class and she’s still so focused on losing weight. Everyone is in awe of what she’s done.”
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
- Woman trapped hand in drain cover searching for marble
- Video: Teacher Patsy shaves her head for charity
- Georgian festival will celebrate Stamford’s rich heritage
- Stamford takeaway Zorba 4 loses appeal over alcohol licence
- Duo thanked by the council for cleaning up
- Police Column: Burglars steal £5,000 and other items in raid
- Claire Lomas trains for challenge at Rutland Water
- Interest is high as Stamford’s Riverside Antiques Centre exhibits Princess Margaret Collection
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North west