A hotel has made it onto a magazine’s annual list of world venues.
Hambleton Hall in Rutland is in the Conde Nast Traveller’s Gold Standard 2013.
The list is an annual publication of the magazine’s all-time favourite hotels, restaurants, bars and beach clubs from across the world.
Hambleton Hall is the only country hotel in the UK to be included in the list.
Describing the hotel, the magazine writes, “Of all the smart British country-house hotels to have opened in the past half century, just one, Hambleton Hall, has remained impervious to fortune and is as fresh and magical as the day owners Tim and Stefa Hart first welcomed guests” and “it has sophisticated yet deeply comfortable classic English interiors, brilliant seasonal cooking in chef Aaron Patterson’s Michelin-starred restaurant”.
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
- Woman trapped hand in drain cover searching for marble
- Video: Teacher Patsy shaves her head for charity
- Georgian festival will celebrate Stamford’s rich heritage
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 25 mph
Wind direction: North