DCSIMG

Hundreds evacuated from The George Hotel after chimney fire

Fire engines at the scene at The George Hotel in Stamford. Photo taken by Alison Clack

Fire engines at the scene at The George Hotel in Stamford. Photo taken by Alison Clack

About 200 people were evacuated from a hotel in Stamford following a chimney fire.

Firefighters were called to deal with the blaze which occurred in the chimney of the reception room at The George Hotel, in High Street St Martin’s, at 6.21pm yesterday (Sunday).

Four fire engines and one hydraulic platform attended the incident. No-one was injured during the fire and there was no damage caused to the hotel.

House manager at the hotel, Michael Evered, said: “We had a full evacuation and it was a lot of hard work at a busy time with our Christmas parties.

“Our thanks go to the fire service, which sent a lot of officers and dealt with the incident so quickly.”

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page