A football club has unveiled two innovative partnerships with an estate agent and a brewery which will help it fund a new stadium.
Stamford AFC revealed plans this week to work in partnership with the Stamford branch of Chesterton Humberts and the Grainstore Brewery in Oakham.
Estate agency Chesterton Humberts is offering to pay commission to the club for any houses it sells on behalf of supporters or their friends.
The club will receive a minimum of £150 for houses that are up to £450,000 in value, £200 for houses between £450,000 and £750,000 and £250 for houses more than £750,000. The new homeowner will also receive two tickets for a Daniels game and a club shirt as part of their welcome pack.
Residential director Jason Lee said: “We are proud to be sponsoring the Daniels and happy to be involved with the vision for the future of the club, as a successful team can only be good for the town and community going forward.”
Daniels chairman Chris Rivett said: “Jason has been very open to new ideas and doing something differently and I can only see their backing becoming more significant as the relationship evolves.”
The Grainstore Brewery has agreed to produce a beer exclusively for the Daniels, which will be available in the spring.
A competition will also be held to name the new bitter and fans will be the first to taste it.
Pete Atkinson, from the Grainstore, said: “We hope that supporters and visitors alike will enjoy the beer we have created for them, in the knowledge that every drop drunk will help continue the success of the club, both on and off the pitch.”
The Daniels are planning to move to a new home in Ryhall Road, as part of a joint venture with New College Stamford and Burghley House Preservation Trust. Its current stadium in Kettering Road will be demolished to make way for houses.
To find out more on the new initiatives visit www.stamfordafc.co.uk
- Police issue appeal after man goes missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
- Woman trapped hand in drain cover searching for marble
- Video: Teacher Patsy shaves her head for charity
- Georgian festival will celebrate Stamford’s rich heritage
- Stamford takeaway Zorba 4 loses appeal over alcohol licence
- Duo thanked by the council for cleaning up
- Police Column: Burglars steal £5,000 and other items in raid
- Claire Lomas trains for challenge at Rutland Water
- Interest is high as Stamford’s Riverside Antiques Centre exhibits Princess Margaret Collection
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North west