Young knife thrower Edward Pinder entertained crowds in Stamford this weekend as part of touring circus show Pinder’s Circus.
The 10-year-old from Bisbroke, near Uppingham, was the star of the show as he threw knives and did a whip trick with his mum, Erika, in the performances which were held on Friday, Saturday and Sunday on the Recreation Ground. Edward, a pupil at Bluecoat Primary School in Stamford, also performs as a clown.
The circus also featured Italian jugglers, musical clowns, Hungarian aerial acrobats and dancers.
Erika said: “The crowds really enjoyed the show and it was nice to see so many people come
“It was the first time Edward has thrown knives at me in a show. He loved it and he’s such a performer.”
The circus’ next stop is Cutts Close in Oakham.
Performances take place at 4.30pm and 7.30pm on Friday, 2pm and 5pm on Saturday and 2pm on Sunday. Tickets are £4.99 for Friday’s show, and £9 for Saturday and Sunday.
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Falling masonry causes part of High Street, Stamford, to be taped off
- Arrest after robbery at Uppingham newsagent
- Whitefriars Care Home in Stamford charged over death of widow, 84
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west