A group which has been running for a year celebrated its achievements with a lunch last week.
Ladies for Cancer Charities meets regularly to enjoy lunches, raffles and other events, while raising funds for good causes.
In 2012, the group has been fundraising for Breast Cancer Care and was delighted to raise £3,000. It celebrated with a lunch at the Garden House Hotel in Stamford.
Chairman Sylvia Beeton: “The lunch went very well and we were all pleased with what we had raised.
“Breast Cancer Care did a very nice certificate to thank us for our efforts.”
She said particular thanks were due to Cynthia Daley, Margaret Corbishly and Doreen Healy, who held coffee mornings and raised a large portion of the money. Ann Horrell also organised a raffle.
During 2013, the ladies will put any money raised towards the Peterborough Cancer Treatment Appeal which is fundraising for a radiotherapy machine for Peterborough City Hospital.
- Stamford takeaway Zorba 4 loses appeal over alcohol licence
- Slideshow: Hundreds enjoy Dambusters flypast
- Car crashes into tree on A47 near Tixover
- Washing machines set on fire off Little Casterton Road, Stamford
- Full court report: Drink-driver John Clarke, 79, jailed for causing crash which killed two people
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 9 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North east