A pilot who tragically died in a helicopter crash in London this morning (Wednesday) was a former pupil at Oakham School.
Captain Peter Barnes, 50, was killed after the helicopter he was flying crashed into a crane that was on top of The Tower, One St George Wharf, at about 8am.
The latest reports say Mr Barnes and another person died and 13 were injured as a result of the crash.
Mr Barnes, who was born in Nottingham, was a pupil at Oakham School from 1974 to 1979, according to his LinkedIn profile page.
He also flew for the Derbyshire, Leicestershire and Rutland Air Ambulance.
If you would like to pay tribute to Mr Barnes, e-mail the newsdesk or call 01780 750 436.
- Stamford takeaway Zorba 4 loses appeal over alcohol licence
- Slideshow: Hundreds enjoy Dambusters flypast
- Car crashes into tree on A47 near Tixover
- Washing machines set on fire off Little Casterton Road, Stamford
- Full court report: Drink-driver John Clarke, 79, jailed for causing crash which killed two people
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 9 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North east