Plans to demolish a rest home in Stamford to make way for three houses were refused permission yesterday (Tuesday).
South Kesteven District Council’s development control and licensing committee went with planning officers’ recommendations to refuse the application to knock down Casterton House Rest Home in Casterton Road, and build three homes in its place.
The application was recommended for refusal because the development “would be out of character with the area” and would be too close to the boundary of properties in Vence Close, Stamford.
- Police break up illegal rave at Bourne Wood
- Video: Car goes up in flames after crash with bus in Easton-on-the-Hill
- Tributes for rail death teenagers
- Tattoo artist fined after Facebook photos revealed illegal business based in her garage in Deeping St James
- Nurse and disabled cricket champion named in Queen’s Birthday Honours List
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 13 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 11 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: West