Primary school pupils have been learning all about the Chinese New Year.
Year 2 pupils at Bourne Abbey Primary Academy performed at a special assembly on Thursday to show families and friends what they had learned about the celebrations, which were marked across the world on Sunday.
The children have learned all about China and the traditions and history of Chinese New Year.
Headteacher Cherry Edwards said: “It really was a very special assembly and it was clear to everyone who came that the children have really enjoyed their learning and were proud to show what they have discovered to parents, carers and their families.”
The pupils performed a play telling the story of how each year is named after different animals.
The performance involved traditional Chinese ribbon dancing and a dragon dance. The children also made Chinese lanterns and painted Chinese zodiac signs.
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Falling masonry causes part of High Street, Stamford, to be taped off
- Whitefriars Care Home in Stamford charged over death of widow, 84
- Arrest after robbery at Uppingham newsagent
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 7 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: South west