Pupils have put their science, design technology, engineering and maths talents to the test in a one-day challenge set by an educational charity.
The Smallpeice Trust set 50 Year 8 pupils from Bourne Academy a project called the Wind Turbine Challenge, where they had to design and construct a wind turbine to produce the greatest amount of electricity.
Education officer from The Smallpeice Trust Dylan Cozens said: “It was very encouraging to see the students so enthusiastic about the project.
“We hope these students will consider engineering when looking to choose future study options.”
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Falling masonry causes part of High Street, Stamford, to be taped off
- Arrest after robbery at Uppingham newsagent
- Whitefriars Care Home in Stamford charged over death of widow, 84
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west