Pupils have been putting their maths skills to the test in a regional competition, successfully progressing to the next round.
Two teams of four Year 10 pupils from Bourne Grammar School took part in the regional heat of The Year 10 Team Mathematics Competition on February 1, organised by the Further Mathematics Support Programme, in Grantham.
After five rounds of solving number and algebra puzzles against the clock, Bourne Grammar’s ‘A’ team, consisting of George Cooper, Lloyd Pares, Luke Reed and Ethan Webb came first. The team qualified for the regional final at Loughborough University on April 17.
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
- Woman trapped hand in drain cover searching for marble
- Video: Teacher Patsy shaves her head for charity
- Georgian festival will celebrate Stamford’s rich heritage
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North west