Artists were showcasing their work at the opening of an annual art exhibition in Oakham.
Arts for Rutland hosted the private view of the 10th Rutland Open Art Exhibition at Rutland County Museum on Friday evening.
The event was opened by Rutland County Council leader coun Roger Begy and more than 100 guests attended.
Coun Begy is a member of the East Midlands Arts Council and he praised the work of the artists from around the county. He also presented the prizes to the winning artists, including Arts for Rutland prize winner Finola Delamere and Sarah Watson who claimed the Creative Leicestershire prize.
Other winners included Stephen Holmes who scooped the Swans prize and Mo Gardner who won the Goldmark prize for her three dimensional work.
The exhibition runs at the museum until April 20.
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Falling masonry causes part of High Street, Stamford, to be taped off
- Arrest after robbery at Uppingham newsagent
- Whitefriars Care Home in Stamford charged over death of widow, 84
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west