More than £270 was raised at a network business meeting organised by college students.
Seven BTEC business students from Rutland County College held the event on behalf of the Rutland and Stamford Business Network as part of their course on Friday last week.
The students were given a budget for the event and money raised from entrance fees was donated to local cause Anna’s Hope, a charity which offers support to children and young people who have been diagnosed with brain tumours.
A cheque was presented to charity co-founder Rob Hughes.
Student Hollie Macmenemey, who was in charge of administration for the meeting, said: “The event ran very smoothly and went very well. Everyone seemed to enjoy it.
“We were very happy to have raised that much money for the charity.”
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
- Woman trapped hand in drain cover searching for marble
- Video: Teacher Patsy shaves her head for charity
- Georgian festival will celebrate Stamford’s rich heritage
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 25 mph
Wind direction: North