Rutland County Council has explained to a local firm why it was not chosen to supply solar panels as part of a project to give away 50 panels to homes in the county.
Solar panel supplier Navitron, which is based in Lands’ End Way in Oakham, was disappointed that a firm in Barnsley was given the £200,000 contract to install the solar panels by the council.
The council, which was given the funding for the project by the Department for Energy and Climate Change, has since explained to the company that installing contracts were awarded by groups of councils, rather than each negotiating its own. It has also said it is happy to speak to businesses about how contracts are awarded.
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Falling masonry causes part of High Street, Stamford, to be taped off
- Whitefriars Care Home in Stamford charged over death of widow, 84
- Arrest after robbery at Uppingham newsagent
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west