More than 700 visitors turned out to celebrate all things Fairtrade at a popular event at Oakham Castle on Saturday.
Rutland Fairtrade Steering Group held its Annual Fairtrade Market, which was opened by Rutland MP Alan Duncan.
A range of goods, including jewellery, fabrics, crafts, gifts and food items were sold by the Fairtrading Post of Melton, Green Circle of Stamford, and Wildweaves of Oakham. Holistic Living of Kingscliffe had an aromatherapy stall, members of the Transition Towns group demonstrated making Christmas decorations from recycled materials and Friends of the Earth held an information stall.
Fairtrade teas, coffees and cakes were also on offer. Crowds were kept entertained by two fashion shows, as well as a Fairtrade raffle and quiz.
- Stamford takeaway Zorba 4 loses appeal over alcohol licence
- Slideshow: Hundreds enjoy Dambusters flypast
- Car crashes into tree on A47 near Tixover
- Washing machines set on fire off Little Casterton Road, Stamford
- Full court report: Drink-driver John Clarke, 79, jailed for causing crash which killed two people
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 10 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North