Temporary traffic lights will be in place on a busy road for up to three months while work is carried out.
The highways team at Lincolnshire County Council will start work in Ryhall Road, Stamford, on Monday, to widen the footpath and make a combined footpath and cyclepath.
The work will take place from the mini-roundabout at Ryhall Road’s junction with Uffington Road and St Paul’s Street up to its junction with Rutland Road and the traffic lights will be moved along the road in sections as the work progresses.
The lights will be in place between 9am and 3pm every day.
The work is expected to take 12 weeks.
- Stamford takeaway Zorba 4 loses appeal over alcohol licence
- Slideshow: Hundreds enjoy Dambusters flypast
- Car crashes into tree on A47 near Tixover
- Washing machines set on fire off Little Casterton Road, Stamford
- Full court report: Drink-driver John Clarke, 79, jailed for causing crash which killed two people
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North east